Friday 31 July 2009

Where has July gone?

I've barely had time to blog this month, as I've been rushing from one work experience placement to the next...as well as graduating and turning 23.

This week I've been on Bird Watching magazine, which is based outside Peterborough. I had a wonderful time...as I have always said, wildlife enthusiasts are the nicest people in the world. The small team on Bird Watching were welcoming, wry and full of knowledge. I got to write a piece about wildlife friendly farming- looking at places like the RSPB site Hope Farm. They've added more grass, wildflowers, hedges and lark plots (bare patches of earth for ground nesting birds). It was interesting how similar wildlife gardening is to wildlife farming, really both are just about small changes and using one's common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment